Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bucket List

This is definitely a work in progress. I was just viewing another blog I enjoy, "Better Living Through Uncertainty". The writer, Tyler Tervooren, has a similar list. His is much more ambitious than I think mine will be. But it did get me to thinking. What are some of the things that I really want to do before I die? I always have something brewing for myself, usually involving self-improvement and learning. Lately I have been kind of depressed because the things that have worked for me in the past seem suddenly pretty elusive. Maybe changing my focus a little will help me get out of my funk. I will begin a draft list of things I would like to see/do/accomplish before I die. I reserve the right to change it as needed.

1. Get married (Complete!)
2. Have kids (In progress! 75% complete)
3. Earn an advanced degree (Complete x2)
4. Travel to every continent except Antarctica (In progress! 29% complete)
5. Get a job at Microsoft (In progress)
6. Read 10 Pulitzer Prize winning books (In progress! 20% complete)
7. See a Broadway show (on Broadway)
8. Skydive (Complete!)
9. Learn how to play Liszt Consolation #3 in D-flat minor
10. See the Egyptian pyramids in person
11. Learn to swim competently
12. See a U2 concert (Complete!)
13. Coach a dog through UDX title
14. Beat 3+ Xbox Games (yeah, really)

No comments: