Sunday, January 04, 2009

Baking Bread


One thing I didn't anticipate when I decided to remodel the kitchen, and that was how much I would end up LOVING the granite. Now, you don't want to drop anything on it. I dropped a Corelle bowl on it about 6 months ago and I'm STILL finding tiny shards of glass on the floor. BUT...granite is a baker's dream come true! I have been baking a lot since just before Christmas, and I really like the way it keeps dough from sticking. I'm finding dough is much easier to manage and I need less flour. Plus, it is at the correct height, so I am not getting a back ache bending over like I used to when I tried to work on the wooden table.


The other cool thing about my new kitchen is that the oven has an option called "proof" mode for bread rising. I just pop my bread dough into the oven, click on the "Proof" option, and it brings the oven to the perfect temperature for rising.


No comments: