Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer is almost over!

It's 4:30 a.m. I can't sleep, so I decided to work on my blog.

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by. It seems like it just started and now it is almost time for the girls to go back to school. I am on a short summer break myself. I don't start school again until almost October.

School is going well for me. This summer was hard because the courses were condensed and I wanted to spend time in the sunshine (what little we've had) instead of in the classroom. This past quarter I took Financial Accounting and Principles of Marketing. I got a B+ in both. Next quarter I am taking Managerial Accounting and Management of People. After those two classes, I will be one-third of the way through!

Mom moved in with us this summer. She will be here a year while we get her medical situation straightened out. We are helping her apply for Medicaid, get a new doctor, get her finances organized and get her medicine and insurance straightened out. It is an arduous process, but she is hanging in there.

The girls have had a good summer. Hannah went on a trip with her band to California and then with the youth group to Juarez, Mexico. She was so inspired by her trip that she has decided to change her foreign language from Japanese to Spanish. She has also had fun hanging out with her friends and taking karate. Here is a picture of Hannah and her boyfriend, Michael (also known as Wallace):



Heather has had a busy softball season. She has improved exponentially this year, especially as catcher. She is currently trying out for several teams for next year. She made call backs for the WA Hustle! This is a second-year 12U A team that is one of the top 3 12A teams in the state. They are planning on playing 20+ tournaments this year, starting in September!! Heather would be thrilled to play that much softball, though she would miss her friends on the Flame. However, there is a good possibility we may have to turn down any offer anyway because the team fees may be too high. That would be a bummer. This is an excellent team with professional coaches who could really teach Heather a LOT in a year. Here is my favorite picture from this season:



Athena is busy this summer too. She had her first season of softball, which went very well. She is going to start soccer in the fall, too. Most of her time is spent playing with her friends in the neighborhood. She is also becoming quite a good reader.



I survived my 40th birthday. I got a semi-professional digital SLR camera to play with. I love taking pictures, especially of the kids. They are growing up too fast! I would love to take a photography class or two at the community college, just for fun, but I'm afraid that is going to have to wait until I am done with my MBA. Hannah, too, is very interested in photography. It would be fun to take a class together.

I've decided to go into work early today since I am up anyway and the sun is actually supposed to be out later. I'll have to write more later...

No comments: